Sunday, December 2, 2007

Organic Coffee @ Cafe Casbah

I was going through some photos on my computer and realized I never took the chance to talk about a small place on 2nd avenue. While stepping out for a weekend adventure with k. we decided to grab a cup of coffee. We stumbled upon this place called Cafe Casbah. I have never noticed this small space hidden on 2nd avenue across the street from crocodile cafe...


They serve a bunch of small pastries and some hearty Mediterranean fare. I made a mental note to come back when I was ready for a meal. We saw a few things come out and they all looked very tasty. They also have a computer set up on the side if you are in need of your internet fix while downtown...and if I remember correctly you can use it for free with your purchase.

Oh yeah, so back to the coffee. It was great. I went for the americano and it was so rich and savory...I loved it. I am a sucker for rich black coffee. k. got down on some chai tea...which almost made me think it was time to go back to chai (i think i over did it in the late 90's)

So check it out if you are in the belltown area...I gotta get back myself and try this food.


2219 2nd Ave # B
Seattle, WA 98121
M-F 6:30am-7pm
Sat-Sun 8:30am-6:30pm

1 comment:

TekkaDon Juan said...

funny, i was actually just thinking about this place...and how tasty that platter the guy in front of us got. damn that's making me hungry.

oh, chai, right. it was good. the soy milk had a nice thick foam, which i really like because most of the time, people can't seem to froth it right...wtf. spicy and warm. i, too, od'd on chai, but it just sounded so right.

and it was.