Sunday, December 30, 2007

El Gallito

El Gallito is a favorite of mine for lunch because it is within walking distance from my work. Sometimes I just get the chips and salsa to go. It is one of those places that when you tell people about it they always know where it is but admit they have never tried it. Even when I lived close to this spot I always thought it was closed.

El Gallito has a solid menu with pages of items that are pretty standard for a classic mexican restaurant. A few weeks ago a few of us stopped there before a late night event and I tried the taco salad. We also enjoyed a few margaritas which were also quite tasty....and strong.

I have had lots of other menu items including tacos, chile relleno, chalupa and enchiladas. All of them pretty good. The guacamole is also right on. This place gets mixed reviews and I myself have even personally been there on a "bad day"...but I like this family business and if you are looking for good mexican food you should try it for yourself.

1700 20th avenue

No comments: