Thursday, December 27, 2007

Happy Holidays: Ten Mercer

Wow, its been a minute. Lots of holiday things happening! Earlier this month I had a night out with my mom. She took me to see the Nutcracker and then out for a late meal at Ten Mercer.I had a great time at the ballet. I have been going to see this show since I was a little kid. I remember one of the first times we went to see this show in Milwaukee. I was completely mezmerized by the stage and this old theatre. Now, I will tell you that I have only ever been to one ballet and that is the Nutcracker.I know for a fact I am not going to be impressed by the dancing, I just love chillin with my mom. I guess I have a holiday tradition after all...

So back to the food. Well my mom and step dad live in the neighborhood and they are regulars at this spot. I have been here a few times and have always had pretty solid food. Nothing I would tell you that you are missing but definitely a place you can try.

I had the Washington Chicken. The "rosemary garlic fingerling's" were quite tasty and the garlic crust was bomb. This was a great piece of chicken and was cooked perfectly. It was so juicy, flavorful and very savory. The portion was enough for me to take home and enjoy the next day.


So yeah, I mentioned my mom and step dad are regulars...well it just also happened to be the last night for one of their favorite bartenders. We all toasted him and celebrated with some mighty fine champagne.

And also some jager.

yikes. I worked the next day.

Ten Mercer
10 Mercer Street
Seattle, WA 98109




3 comments:

l nopen said...

The best time to hit this place is after 7pm. This is after the "Pearls & Sequins" crowd has left for the theater.
Man...I can still feel that Jaeger!

White Pepper said...

Pearls & Sequins!?!?!??! Priceless.

I think I can still feel that Jaeger.
ouch. wait, no that is all the pizza I ate on christmas.

TekkaDon Juan said...

omg, P&S....i think i have a theme for my next party. holy god.