Thursday, December 20, 2007

FX


It seems like you can go to lots of places in this city that feature clam chowder as a daily soup. I am always hesitant to order soup at restaurants because of my ongoing struggle with food temperature. Now, I may be on the extreme side of that argument but nevertheless I will say that soup should ALWAYS be hot. Before an event downtown in pioneer square, a friend and I wanted to grab something quick to eat. We were around the corner from FX McRory's so we walked in to check it out. The menu is large and offers sandwiches, burgers, steaks, chicken all simply dressed with some Northwest flavors.

I ordered a cup of soup and a glass of whiskey.

The soup was HOT and pretty tasty. It was on the side of your average clam chowder but it had a nice flavor which may or not have been the extra pepper on top. The clams were not minced and rough, rather large and soft. Perhaps they truly do make this from scratch with some local fish.

The whiskey selection was huge, and this place claims to have one of the biggest selection of premium spirits in America. If I remember correctly its like something around 750 labels. Nice.

Overall I wouldnt set foot in this place on the day/night of any kind of sports game, home or away because the televised shit was just as loud. Its just not my scene. However, I do know lots of people who like to bro down in there.

There you have it. If you want hot soup, check it out.

F.X. McRory's Steak Chop & Oyster House
419 Occidental Avenue South
Phone 206 623-4800

Hours
Bar:
Open weeknights until 10:00 p.m.
Friday & Saturday until Midnight
Sunday till 8:00 p.m.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

chowda, eh? sounds good.