Friday, September 7, 2007

Queen Anne: Peso's Kitchen and Lounge

I don't make it to Queen Anne very often, but one Queen Anne restaurant I do like is Pesos Kitchen and Lounge... for brunch.

After some serious partying on Saturday night at Bumbershoot, L and I went to meet my mom and step dad for some hangover curing food. I could not make up my mind because everything sounded so bomb and I do love the whole chips and salsa situation down there. I would be willing to say this place has my favorite chips. (With a close second being the chips at Mexico in Pacific Place, no joke!)

For brunch, I ordered the biscuits and gravy:

sorry these pics are so strange
This dish was okay, the biscuits were hella dry and the eggs were not served as poached as I prefer them. But I did like the gravy but as my mom pointed out, all the food could truly suck but you would never know because all the dishes are so spicy. Good Call. This gravy kinda killed any other flavors because it was just major heat.

My step dad was really feeling his new cocktail of choice...Michelada, which looked pretty good and better than my thick bloody mary which barely went down. You know its no good when you are trying to add water to your drink and its not cuz its too strong. I wont hold it against them, this place serves a solid bloody mary...but stay away from the secret special bloody with pepper vodka. No Good.
the michelada


Peso’s Kitchen and Lounge
605 Queen Anne Ave N
Seattle, WA 98109
206-283-9353

Breakfast 7 days a week 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That time we had seen you and L there (with your mom and step dad I think!) -- that was the first time I had been there...

From what I remember, the food was great, service was wack (girls were hella snooty) -- but honestly I couldnt get past the restaurant itself. That used to be one of my Uncles restaurants (Vinces!) and I actually worked there back in the days...

But the food was good...

nostamwerdna said...

i hate the color of the walls, that horrible orange.

i like the carnitas in the morning. i really like building food and stacking things on top of each other.

kjade said...

i've never done the brunch deal there. i used to spend happy hours there w work peoples...but other than that, ae.k.ae and i went there and were were wholly unimpressed. i think it was more the clientele, and less the decor, that bothered us.

ae.k.ae said...

they put the "ho" in "frijoles."

angela said...

GET THE CHICEN FRIED STEAK, YO

angela said...

um, that's CHICKEN, thanks.

White Pepper said...

the FRIED CHICKEN is amazing.

dont try and go there at night on the weekend unless you feel like wearing a bathing suit and heels.

Anonymous said...

chicken fried...anything