Saturday, September 6, 2008

Paseo

Several people who know I love sandwiches were shocked to hear I had never been to Paseo. Paseo apparently now has two locations but we went to the original in Fremont. They do not have a website but I can tell you this Caribbean/Cuban inspired menu is full of meat. They have chicken, prawns and lots of pork. I did notice a few tofu things however...and the sides host everything from corn, beans, rice and salads. We went for lunch but apparently their dinners which include half chickens are also amazing.

Since it was my first visit I went with the original grilled pork sandwich and a side of corn.

The place was packed and no available seats so we carried our sandwiches down the street and camped out. When I was eating the sandwich I couldn't get over how messy it was but it tasted so good. I loved the combination of the big grilled onions, tasty cilantro and spicy jalapeƱos. The creamy sauce which is mayo based, was also a nice touch. The pork was grilled like a hamburger patty and a bit tough but the overall sandwich was amazing. I also enjoyed the corn but it was over steamed barely letting the garlic and butter get through, but that could be because we took it to go. L. also got a pork sandwich but it was more like pulled pork than a patty. I would have taken a picture we were attacked by bees.

I have read a lot about how this place runs out of bread, how the service is horrible, how they don't care to advertise because they have "too much business" and how the owner closes up spontaneously and goes on vacation...until something horrible happens to me I will certainly go back and possibly check out the new location!

Paseo, 4225 Fremont Ave N, 545-7440 or Tues-Thurs 11:30 am-9 pm, Fri-Sat 11:30 am-10 pm, Sun noon-9 pm

or

6226 Seaview Ave NW

BRING CASH

6 comments:

TekkaDon Juan said...

i fucking love this place but i dont think ive gone there in two years. the tofu dinner plate was the bomb-bomb and their tofu sandwich is for real. im gonna have to visit the new ballard one to check it out....

Unknown said...

Hard to eat and way to busy so I never ever go.

I should but I hate people and lines and waiting for food.

Anonymous said...

I have similar complaints about the messiness of their sammiches, plus I always think the bread is way too hard.

Try the loners instead. Basically it's everything on the sandwhich, but without the bread. Comes with rice. Order a side of beans. It's cheaper and less messy.

Also, call your order in before you head over.

nostamwerdna said...

I would have taken a picture we were attacked by bees.

Anonymous said...

AAGH I HATE THOSE GODDAMNED BEES

Unknown said...

I used to go to the Fremont location on a weekly basis and now go to the one near Golden Gardens because the wait is usually much shorter. Next time I highly recommend getting the CUBAN ROAST. And seriously, the most amazing part of this joint is the beans. Try a cup and see if you can figure out what the hell they put in it.